Zero-ratingProf. Dr. Klaus Goldhammer, Dr. André Wiegand, Mathias Birkel (April 2016)
The market study, commissioned by the Bavarian media authority (BLM), analyses the market development of zero-rating mobile data services. Zero-rating refers to a specific mobile tariff system that allows customers to use particular applications and services without affecting their data allowances.
The study draws a comparison between the market situation in the US and the status quo in the German mobile market and provides an evaluation of future market developments in Germany. From this, relevant aspects for media regulation are deduced.
Market report on Zero-ratingTerms and conditions by providerDownload via website of BLM
- Current situation of mobile internet use
- Zero-rating: market situation in Germany
- Zero-rating: market situation in the US
- Legal and regulatory framework and positions
- Market development and regulatory basis