The motion picture industry in Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein 2017Klaus Goldhammer, Christine Link, Mathias Birkel (July 2017)
Within the framework of the EU project CROSS MOTION, a location study on the motion picture sector in Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein was conducted on behalf of the Filmförderung Hamburg Schleswig-Holstein GmbH (FFHSH) by the Goldmedia research and consulting group.
The main focus of the study was the recording of companies and their economic figures, areas of business, business models and financing structures, as well as the identification of the status quo as well as the need for networking activities and further training opportunities in the sector.
The study is based on a comprehensive primary data collection via online survey of 1,354 motion picture companies in Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein from the areas of Film, VR/AR, Animation and Games. These include all companies from the fields of TV and cinema production, animation, cartoons, production services/VFX/post production, documentary and advertising film production, online video, 360° video, VR, AR, games, film distribution/rental as well as TV events and TV stations.
The data were supplemented by the results of eleven expert discussions with in-dustry representatives as well as market estimates:
The report can be downloaded for free.
Location study: The motion picture industry in Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein 2017
- Executive summary: Key results of the location study
- Summary: Motion Picture Industry in Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein
- Economic situation of the motion picture industry in Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein
- Estimates for location factors Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein
- Networking in the motion picture industry in Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein
- Conclusion and recommendations for action
Executive Summary The motion picture industry in Hamburg and Schleswig-Holstein 2017