Trends and outlook 2014
Which developments influence the media, entertainment and telecommunications industries in Germany 2014?
The consulting firm Goldmedia (www.goldmedia.com) publishes annual analyst commentary and trend hypotheses for the coming year in Germany. The Trend Monitor 2014 provides a view of select developments in the areas of media, telecommunication, entertainment, Internet and social media.
Goldmedia Trend Monitor 2014: topics and theses
- More TV watching via TV set is not possible; however, more TV watching via Internet is. Have we already reached the peak-time? First changes statistically measurable in television watching.
- Premium publishing instead of paywall. The breakthrough of digital payment models will come in 2014.
- Smart monitoring replaces clipping services. Companies gain competitive advantages by offering cross-platform communication analyses.
- The television ratings will become slightly digital.
- VoD on the rise. The video on demand market in Germany will be close to a breakthrough in 2014.
- Embedded PR and Venture Generated Content: The relationship between journalism and PR is changing – Content Relations as a new opportunity for corporate communications.
- Goodbye set-top box – goodbye hardware? Classical boxes knocked out by smart TV and digital services..
- Situation- based services – Do we face the next digital revolution? 2014 will be the year of the new privacy within the rapid mobile growth.
The analyst commentaries are only available in German. Please find more information here.
Trend Monitor 2014
Dr. Katrin Penzel Communications Director
Tel: +49-30-246 266-0